Resume of jeffrey bryan
||Jeffrey A. Bryan
200 E. 14th Street (330) 602-5124 (home)
Dover, Ohio 44622 (330) 827-4033 (cell)
Career Goal: Seeking a management position with a progressive organization utilizing my career experience while allowing
for professional growth.
Core Competencies: Over 25 years of experience in all aspects of funeral service, arranging and directing, embalming,
decedent transfers, cosmetology and reconstructive work, purchasing, inventory control, OSHA compliance, sales, marketing, administrative, training and supervisory skills. I am a creative thinker, and a persuasive and assertive leader with excellent technical and supervisory skills.
Education: Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science, Pittsburgh, PA
Embalming and Funeral Directing
1991 - 1992 Graduated Cum Laude
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Painting and Education
1986 - 1990 Graduated Cum Laude
* Student Teacher - third and eleventh grades, New York Public Schools
* Emphasis in studio painting and composition, mentored by the artist Jan Groth
Licenses: Funeral Director License (State of Ohio)
Embalmer License (State of Ohio)
Final Expense Insurance License (State of Ohio)
Professional Affiliations: Ohio Funeral Directors Association
National Funeral Directors Association
Professional Experience: Linn-Hert-Geib Funeral Homes & Crematory, Dover and New Philadelphia, OH
2004 to present
Currently serve as an embalmer and funeral director for this medium size funeral service facility, repeatedly achieving Greystone & Associates highest rating for care of deceased. Responsibilities include:
* Director of decedent preparation and care center including all aspects of decedent preparationa and care.
* Developed and implemented green embalming practices using Green Burial Council procedures and fluids.
*Quality control, compliance management, OSHA coordinator
* Director of Advance Funeral Planning, having developed and maintained advance funeral sales and marketing.
* Funeral director for firm averging 330 funerals yearly.
Page 2 Jeffrey A. Bryan
Service Corporation International, Barberton, Massillon and Navarre, OH
1994 - 2004
Preparation Center Manager, Funeral Director and Embalmer
* Worked with Regional Manager to develop and manage a regional preparation center supporting eight northeast Ohio funeral homes.
* Actively managed preparation center and supervised staff of four full time and two part time employees.
* Prepared an average of 900 decedents annualy
* Comprehensive funeral directing responsibilities at multiple locations
* Location Manager, Navarre, OH facility
Peinert Funeral Homes, Whitehouse amd Tontogany, OH
1993 - 1994
Funeral Director and Embalmer Intern
* completed internship and worked as a Funeral Director and Embalmer responsible for all aspects of funeral care in a small northwest Ohio firm serving two locations.
Meese - Bierie Funeral Home & Ambulance Service, Dover, OH
1984 - 1992
* Worked in a non-licensed capacity and began internship in this family owned firm.
Tuscarawas County Center for the Arts - Board of Directors
Boy Scouts of America - Adult Leader and Den Leader
Tuscarawas County Senior Center - Volunteer
Church - Choir Member